Join the Wisconsin County Forests Association this June as we tour beautiful Rusk County! Learn about county forest and recreation management, what issues are important to Rusk County and more on sustainable forestry in Wisconsin. Our annual summer tour is a great way for county and DNR forest managers, along with many others, to gather and share information on silvicultural practices and treatment methods of Wisconsin’s largest public land base, along with successes, challenges and lessons learned. Tours are also a great way for professional foresters & forest industry personnel to network.
Where: Ladysmith, WI
When: Thursday, June 23rd & Friday, June 24th, 2022
Cost: Full tour – $75 (Includes Thursday June 23rd and Friday June 24th, coffee & morning snacks, and the Banquet Thursday evening)
Banquet only – $20
All are welcome!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Wednesday, June 22nd
– Morning: WCFA Legislative & Forest Certification Committee Meeting (internal to WCFA)
– Afternoon: WCFA Board of Directors Meeting (internal to WCFA)
– Evening dinner at Tee-Away Golf Course
Thursday, June 23rd
– Rusk County tour with evening social hour and banquet.
Registration 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. at Colonial Nursery – N4038 WI-27 Ladysmith, WI 54848
Shuttles will pick-up from hotels.
– Banquet – Colonial Nursery and Heart of the North Brewery
5:00 pm – Social Hour
6:00 pm – Banquet (Beef tips, Charcoal Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Italian Vegetable Medley, Tossed Salad, Dinner Rolls)
Friday, June 24th
– Rusk County tour (to end around noon)
- Cobblestone – https://www.staycobblestone.com/wi/ladysmith/ or call 715-532-7811
- Ladysmith Motel & Suites – 715-532-6650
- Northwoods Motel – https://northwoodsmotels.com/ or call 715-52-6666
Rooms are under: WCFA Summer Tour